11.12.11

Quetzaltenango (Xela), Guatemala

Today I have traveled from Antigua to Quetzaltenango or Xela as the locals call this city.

The local way to travel from city to city here is by using what the gringos call the "chickenbuses" which are basically American school buses that have been paint with bright colours. Sadly there weren't any direct buses to Xela from Antigua so I had to change in Chimaltenango. Then the bus that were really crowded about 3 people per bench and sometimes even some people standing.

The problem is that on my way from Chimaltenango to Xela, my bus has had a breakdown so I had to take another bus to reach my destination.

Xela is in the mountain in the north west of Guatemala. It seems to be quite a huge city and we can still see the colonial style here though not as pronounced as in Antigua.










Here again it's gonna be a bit chilly and I will have to wait to find back the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment