28.12.11

La ruta de las flores, El Salvador

Yesterday I went through the "ruta de las flores" (road of the flowers) which is in the mountain and go through several small colonial villages. It is also supposed to be really flowery but unfortunately I wasn't able to stop exactly where I wanted to verify it. This road gives a beautiful view on some of the volcanoes of El Salvador.

My trip begun in Ataco : It is a small village with a nice church and also the house have been painted with nice designs.


















My second stop was Apaneca : A small village, the church wasn't that impressive but I have been able to follow a trail uphill, quite steep, but once I was on top of the hill, I had a nice view on the valleys.







My last stop was Juayua : It was a nice village, more touristic. The church has a point of interest : Jesus is black in that church, so you can go there and admire a black Jesus. From this village, I walked to the "chorros de la calera" which was a semi-natural waterfall but on the way to that place, there is a beautiful waterfall that sadly we cannot approach.















It was a really beautiful day and a beautiful road.... I came back late and tired... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment