1.12.11

Belize Botanic Garden, Belize

Today I have been to the Belize Botanic Garden which is located close to San Ignacio (I am still in this little town but should go away tomorrow). To go there I took the bus for 10 minutes and then I had to walk about 8 km. Fortunately a pick up stopped and help me for around 1-2 km but for the return I had to walk the whole way.

It was really nice to go there, it was in a valley behind two hills and also it was really quiet, there was no one.






The garden was quite big and lots and lots of trail, you could easily get lost or at least miss something because of the different trails that you take.




It was interesting to go there to see some plants. Unfortunately the season was quite bad as only few plants were flowering at the moment. I mean it makes sense as it is the end of autumn (I am still in the Northern Hemisphere).







Being located quite far away from town makes also possible to watch at the fauna and I have seen lots of birds, insects, a few agoutis and also lots of squirrels.

my fingers are at the same level than the caterpillar. It was at least 10 cm long

No comments:

Post a Comment