24.12.11

Joya de Cerén and San Andrés, El Salvador

, EToday I have visited to site that were nearby and also close from San Salvador (only 35-40 km away).

Joya de Cerén had no big buildings like pyramids or temples. However it had a farmer village and also the Mayan hammam. Indeed the village has been buried under the ashes of a volcano, so the houses have been kept intact by the ashes. They even have found some carbonised food or seeds (cacao, beans, corn, etc).










El rio sucio (the dirty river), named because of the ashes that it carried

On the other hand in San Andrés, I have been back to the pyramids I've seen in my previous visits. Apparently San Andrés was the capital of the whole valley surrounding it.






This site also gave me a nice view of the aforesaid valley.



No comments:

Post a Comment