9.2.12

From Roatan, Honduras to Rio Dulce, Guatemala

So on Monday morning I had planned to leave Roatan to go to San Pedro Sula for one night from where I will try to reach Guatemala the following day. To leave Roatan, there are two boats daily one at 7 am and the other at 2 pm. I thought that I would never make it for the early boat but I had waken up at 5 am so I packed my bag and went to the docks to take the boat to La Ceiba, from there I took a bus for San Pedro Sula. It felt like the bus ride last forever and when I arrived, I asked for a cab and I don't know I felt like the ride was way too expensive (but it actually seemed to be the right price) so I decided that I would keep on getting closer from Guatemala. I then took a bus to Puerto Cortes thinking that I would probably find an hotel there. While being in the bus once we were in Puerto Cortes center, I was looking to see a hotel but could see none so I decided to go to Omoa a bit closer from the border because I had heard of a place to stay. I arrived there at 4 pm and went to the place I had heard of, it was ok for the price (4 euros).

Omoa is a town on the shore of the ocean with a huge fortress from the colonial times. So I took advantage of being there to visit this fortress before leaving on Tuesday. It was a nice place to visit and I have met some bats in one of the rooms of the fortress.











After that I took a bus to the Guatemalan border and made my way to Rio Dulce which is a nice town, where I had already been when I was staying in Puerto Barrios. My hostel is quite cheap and nice, my room is on the water.






No comments:

Post a Comment