24.11.11

Chetumal, Mexico

Yesterday I arrived in the small town of Chetumal which is also the capital of the state of Quintana Roo. It is located in the south of Mexico really close from the border with Belize. I will, by the way, leave from Chetumal to San Pedro Island (Belize) on Saturday.

This town is probably like nothing I could see, so quiet, so peaceful that it's as if there were no one in this town. You don't hear a lot of car, not that much noise. It's really really nice for few days.








The shore is almost entirely made of mangroves and is also the sanctuary of the Manatees. I hope that I will be able to spot one when I'll be in Belize, because there are some specimens there as well.

mangrove tree
mangrove tree flower and seed
common water hyacinth that floats on the water




No comments:

Post a Comment